Home > XE Currency Blog > XE Currency Blog - Market Analysis & Forex News


US Bond Market Week in Review: An Overblown Inflation Fear

By: HaleStewart

At this point, I almost feel unqualified to talk about inflation and inflationary pressures in the economy. I have, after all, spent the better part of the last 4-5 years discussing the possibility of deflation or, more specifically, weak pricing pressures. Read more

International Economic Week in Review: The Global Growth Wave Continues

By: HaleStewart

The overall trend of major international news continues to trend in a positive direction. Japan is on solid growth footing while EU news is well into its second year of an overall bullish tone. Australia’s employment situation continues to improve. Read more

Weekly Indicators: payroll tax withholding falls off a cliff edition

By: New_Deal_democrat

January data this week included very positive housing permits and starts, as well as very positive consumer confidence as measured by the U. of Michigan. Industrial production and capacity utilization were negative, as were retail sales. Consumer prices increased a significant +0.5%, and producer prices increased significantly as well. Read more

XE Market Analysis: Asia - Feb 16, 2018

By: XE Market Analysis

The dollar bounced modestly to end the week in N.Y. on Friday, with the move largely attributed to short covering into what will be a long U.S. weekend. The DXY advanced from three-plus year lows of 88.26 seen overnight, topping at 89.04 following strong housing starts data, and firmer import prices. Read more

Real retail sales in depth: positive for 2018

By: New_Deal_democrat

January retail sales were reported on Wednesday. This is a good time for me to update my look at real retail sales, which I find to be one of the most useful metrics to gauge the economy in several ways. November and December's surge was revised downward, and January's nominal decline of -0.3%, coupled together with the CPI increase of +0.5%, means that real retail sales declined -0.8%: This nevertheless means that real retail sales are significantly better than any reading before last September. Read more

XE Market Analysis: North America - Feb 16, 2018

By: XE Market Analysis

The dollar has lifted out of new lows were seen in Tokyo. The USD index (DXY) is now showing a fractional 0.1% gain after showing a 0.3% decline at the lows. The index left a 37-month low at 88.26, and is presently trading at 88.70. EUR-USD tipped nearly 80 pips from the the 38-month high the pair saw in Asia in making its intraday low at 1.2474. Read more

XE Market Analysis: Europe - Feb 16, 2018

By: XE Market Analysis

Another day, another decline in the dollar, which logged a new 38-month low versus the euro, at 1.2554, and a 15-month low against the yen, at 105.54. The USD index (DXY) is down by 0.3%, 88.37, earlier clocking a 37-month low at 88.33. The greenback has also seen fresh lows against most newly developed and developing world currencies. Read more

XE Market Analysis: Asia - Feb 15, 2018

By: XE Market Analysis

The dollar was mostly steady through the N.Y. session on Thursday, with the dollar initially supported by warmer PPI data. Softer industrial production later weighed slightly. The DXY traded a relatively narrow range on either side of 88.80. EUR-USD ranged between 1.2505 and 1.2458, while USD-JPY recovered from 106.20 lows, to peak at 106.85. Read more

XE Market Analysis: US Dollar Slides as Risk Appetite Returns

By: xemarketanalysis

OVERVIEW USD under broad-based pressure despite 10-year treasury yields rising to highest in 4 years. US industrial production falls unexpectedly in January. Japanese Yen rises to multi-year high, BoJ board member Aso plays down intervention talk. French unemployment falls to its lowest since 2009. Canadian home sales drop as new mortgage rules kick in. Read more

XE Market Analysis: North America - Feb 15, 2018

By: XE Market Analysis

The dollar recouped some lost ground after posted fresh losses in Asia and in the early European AM session. The USD index (DXY) was off its lows but showing a 0.3% decline as of the early London PM session. EUR-USD settled back toward the mid 1.24s after logging a two-week high of 1.2510, and USD-JPY recouped above 106.70 after making a 15-month low of 106.30 during the Tokyo session. Read more


Paste link in email or IM